There are various factors that can affect the eligibility for ERC. Also, many businesses assume they do not qualify because of various assumptions. Here are ten current ERC facts for 2023 that will help. (The bill has been amended seven times since it was introduced a couple of years ago) If you had at least 5 W2 employees during covid the chance you qualify is about 75%. If you got PPP funds from the government, then the odds are about 99% that you will also qualify for ERC, no matter what your CPA, Tax Attorney, or other well-meaning but misinformed trusted advisor has told you. If you are not doing ERC daily, it is hard to stay current with current qualifications. That is why we suggested you get counsel from a company that doesn’t do taxes; they don’t file legal briefs, but they do ERC and only ERC 24-7.
Here are the ERC facts for 2023.
- Even if companies received PPP, they still qualify for ERC.
- Even if your business did not have a revenue reduction or was deemed essential, it can still qualify for ERC
- ERC is a refund in the form of a grant and can return up to $26,000/employee ($10,000 is the average for companies that received PPP, and $20,000 is the average for businesses that didn’t)
- Simple operational impacts can qualify a business for ERC as well, such as changes in job roles, business hours, reduction in services or workforce
- This stimulus program was established by the CARES Act; it is a refundable tax credit – a grant, not a loan – that your business can claim. The program is based on qualified wages and healthcare paid to employees.
- Businesses have until April 2024 to claim ERC retroactively for 2020, and until April 2025 to claim ERC retroactively for 2021. They have the ability to do a look back on their payroll during the pandemic and retroactively claim the credit by filing an amended tax return.
- For the tax year 2021, the refundable tax credit is: 70% of qualified wages paid per employee (up to a maximum amount of $7000 per employee, per quarter, and up to $21,000 for the entire year)
- For the tax year 2020, the refundable tax credit is: 50% of qualified wages paid per employee (up to a maximum amount of $5000 per employee for the entire year)
- Independent contractors (1099) and the compensation paid to these individuals are not eligible for ERC
- Typical turnaround times for funds to be collected from the ERC program is 3-6 months.
Honestly, if there is money on the table for your business to claim, is there any reason you shouldn’t take 10 minutes and book a Discovery Call with the #1 ERC recovery firm in the United States? Please don’t glaze over that statement; this is real money for your business we are talking about. Is there any reason you shouldn’t get all your questions answered from ERC pros? All Bottom Line Concepts does is ERC every day.
Companies like Uber, McDonalds, Hilton Hotels, and 400 of the Top 1000 companies in America are their clients. The call is free, and there is no obligation on their part to accept you as a client or yours to hire them to recover your funds. There is no upfront cost. If you are accepted as a client, all work is done on a contingency basis. Nothing is due until your refund is in your bank account. You can click here to schedule a 10-minute Discovery Call with one of Bottom Lines, ERC Recovery Specialists. If you would like to talk to a professional.
What about a Business’s Existing CPA?
Many businesses will ask, “Why don’t I just file ERC with my CPA?” – The truth is because of the complexity of the ERC stimulus program and its various changes (7 Amendments since it was introduced), most hard-working, busy CPA’s and standard accountants do not have the experience or time to work the nearly 300 page ERC qualifications document.
It makes no business sense for most CPA’s to take the time to decipher how the program works, whether a business is eligible or what qualifies a business, and how to file for ERC. Especially when you consider the rules are constantly changing.
At the time of this writing Bottom Line Concepts has recovered over three billion dollars in funds for more than fifteen thousand business owners all over the United States.
With our ERC program via Bottom Line Concepts, they have perfected and streamlined this process and have a proven track record along with the resources to recover the most funds as quickly as possible. So if your CPA told you you don’t qualify for ERC, give them a break. They are pros at doing your taxes, BLC are the experts in the USA for ERC Recovery. Do yourself a favor; this issue is not going away until April of 2025, so book a ten-minute discovery call now, and put this issue to bed today. You are busy enough as it is; give yourself one less thing to think about. CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR CALL WITH AN ERC EXPERT at a day and time that works perfectly for your schedule. You choose the day and time, and they will call you.
The ERC Discovery call is free, and they will answer your questions, and let you know if they can accept you as a client.